Getting Started in 6 Simple Steps
- Create an account
- Log in to your account
- Select the content you want to see from the menu (for instance, Earthquakes)
- Adjust the results to reflect your taste, classifying the events you want as alert, interesting, not-interesting, or offensive.
- Hit the "Submit" button.
- Come back as often as you'd like to see how the Interest Engine is classifying new earthquakes based upon your interest.
A couple of notes:
- Alerts will be sent to the e-mail you provided (if you have that option checked), so make sure you've set some items as "alert."
- The system will learn quickly, and the more information you provide it, the "smarter" it will get.
Mossy Side's "Interest Engine" can learn both directly and indirectly from your customers.
For even more information, please visit the Try It Out FAQ
The earthquake content is provided as a sample of ever-changing realtime content.
For this sample content, the user takes an active role with the interest engine, actually classifying the earthquake directly through the web page and e-mails.
The user interaction can be much more subtle, tracking clicks within your website, purchases, listens, site visits, and so on. Only your imagination is the limit.
For this data set, imagine (and try!) what might be of interest to a user; an earthquake of certain sizes, in certain locations, at a specific depth, during a certain time of day, and so on.
You may notice that when registering for an account, you have the option of setting a zip code. Yes, the Interest Engine will learn from this. If you don't have it, obviously it won't, and if you change it, that will be taken into account as well. Play with it, and feel free to contact Mossy Side with any questions.
Thanks to the United States Geological Survey for the earthquake data.